Major Development

Now India Satire is more beautiful, much faster and much more fun. Diggychacha.blogspot.com will remain here with all the stories. But for new stories our users have to access http://www.theindiasatire.com/

Please give us your feedback for more and more entertaining content and the quality of website at diggychacha@theindiasatire.com

Follow India Satire

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Sushma Swaraj confirmed that she would never buy anything from Wal-Mart if FDI retail sails through

NEWS IN BRIEF - POLITICS

Sushma Swaraj said in the Parliament what she say she preaches too. She will never buy anything from Wal-Mart, Metro, Carrefour or any other new retail shop invested by foreign company.

"I place my hand on my heart and commit you, no not commit you. I give you my word oh... how can I say it to you? I tell you oopss... still it is not that clear and looks ambiguous. Ok I indicate you that may be I would not buy anything in my life from Wal-Mart. I would like to give you a promise that even if worst affected section of the Indian Society would shop in Wal-Mart, I may not go to any Wal-Mart shop," said Opposition leader Sushma Swaraj.

Sushma Swaraj promised that whoever would be affected by the FDI in retail policy may not go to Wal Mart. She also told that despite not being affected by FDI retail directly she may decide not to shop in Wal-Mart.

Opening her tounge in front of all the MPs, Swaraj said "See my tongue. If you correctly observe, you will see Saraswati and Laxmi are sitting over it. This tongue gives you promise that I may not go to Wal Mart in my entire life."

While the debate was hot, Swaraj's promise that she may or may not go to Wal-Mart has brought shievers among the US investors and brokerage firms gave a 'sell' call to the stock immediately.

"We may see Wal-Mart's stock to open at least 20-30% down today as Ms Swaraj has promised that she may not visit its showroom," said John Batkinson, an analyst of BoA Merill Lynch in his research report. He downgraded Wal-Mart from buy to sell.

Recent Articles

Read Archive